Some of the fictional work I’ve written can be found in places like these:
- Cemetery Guardians – “The Adult Thing to Do”
- Black Denim Lit – “There Are No Carriages or Footmen in the Suburbs”
- Allegory – “Earbuds” (note: this story appeared in issue 28/55, Fall 2015)
- Larks Fiction Magazine – “A Story of Summer and Winter” (ah, the old days)
Most of my nonfiction work has been work I do for companies, but back in 2014, I dragged Wes along with me, metaphorically speaking, while I attempted a science writing blog. Monsters in My Backyard is worth checking out if only for his illustrations.
I Can Almost Picture It was a picture-taking/story-writing blog where I challenged myself to write a story about one picture daily. Like almost every other blog out there, it didn’t last, but it did produce a few stories I didn’t hate:
- “Automated Teller Machine”
- “Breaking the Rules”
- “Come Out and Play”
- “Never Tear Us Apart”
Speaking of blogs, for a long time before I moved to WordPress, my website was a blog on Blogger. Hello, 2009!
E-mail: sheilacjohnson [at] gmail [dot] com